Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Adoption Timeline

Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them. Psalms 139:16

  • September 2000 - First contact with A Helping Hand Adoption (AHH) Agency
  • July 2005 - Official application mailed to AHH
  • November 2005 - Notified by AHH that I was at the top of the "singles list" and could officially start the process
  • February 17, 2006 - Dossier to China (DTC) - this is the date my paperwork was mailed to China
  • March 14, 2006 - Log In Date (LID) - this is the date China officially recognized they had received my paperwork
  • July 2006 - One year anniversary of my application to AHH.
  • March 14, 2007 - One year anniversary of LID - the wait continues
  • April 13, 2007 - Redoing my paperwork officially begins -Refingerprinting done at USCIS
  • April 19, 2007 - Received revised I171H with amended fingerprint expiration date
  • May 9, 2007 - Refingerprinted for my homestudy at NBCI, Inc. - the fourth, and hopefully, final fingerprinting for this adoption!!!!!
  • June 6, 2007 - 4:30pm - Minor meltdown as I wait for my homestudy visit; nearly 2 years, 4 sets of fingerprints, 2 home studies, numerous forms, thousands of dollars and I still have months to wait until I bring my daughter home. It's lovely to have 5 sisters to choose from to call when you have a meltdown! Sisters are a gift from God - it's an incredible blessing to know I have several who can always help me though tough times.
  • June 6, 2007 - 6:10pm - Home visit for the addendum to my homestudy done
  • June 29, 2007 - Submitted renewal for I600A. Hopefully for the last time.
  • July 2007 - Two year anniversary of my application to AHH.
  • July 20, 2007 - Recieved my updated I171-H - guess I'm good for another 18 months. Please Lord, don't let it take that long.
  • July 2008 - Three year anniversary of my application to AHH
  • January 2009 - Third round of updates; fifth set of fingerprints
  • March 21, 2009 at 12:21pm - I get my referral call. I have a daughter!!
  • June 1, 2009 - Travel conference call with AHH and the other families I'll be traveling with. Our anticipated date of departure is July 23; our anticipated "Gotcha Day" is July 26th!!!!!