Monday, August 24, 2009

Thanks to everyone for your love and support


My heart is so full tonight. Every day I find out about more people who have been praying for Charis and I. There are so many who have already done so much for us - my dear friends who not only stayed up until the wee hours of the morning to greet us when we came back from China, but also had my living room filled with bottles, clothes and diapers for a 6 month old and food in the fridge for mom! For my family, particularly my sisters and their families, who are so excited to have this new little one to love. For everyone at work who has been so supportive and are working so hard to keep things going in a very stressful work situation. For those who have given us and are planning to give us presents and for all the folks who have generously lent or given us baby items they're not using. Folks at work and my "adoption friends" have already given us showers, a church shower is planned for this coming Sunday, my close friends are planning a somewhat smaller gathering and friends from the Spring Road congregation are also planning to have a celebrations with us. And then I found out today that several families from the McCrory, AR congregation, where I worshipped over 20 years ago, have gifts for Charis. Again, my heart is so full. This little girl who never had a mother, an extended family, a church family or so many friends who love her and are praying for her, has all of those now. A simple thank you seems so insufficient, but thank you.